#1 KrazyCooter

KrazyCooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationClose enough to Binghamton

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

So just cruising around capgeek and notice a LOT of players are in their final year of their contract that are currently hanging out in Bingo.

RFAs

Cole Schneider

Mike Hoffman

Stephane DaCosta

Andre Petersson

Wacey Hamilton

Corey Cowick

David Dzuirzynski

Jim O'Brien (buried)

Derek Grant

Ben Blood

Mike Sdao

Tyler Eckford (UFA)

Chris Wideman

Mark Boroweicki (goes to a one-way next year)

Nathan Lawson (UFA)

I will assume Ottawa keeps Conacher and that Michalek is a goner so that opens up one more forward spot in Ottawa.  Idk if they resign Gryba or not having Boro on a one way.  Corvo and Phillips have to be gone.  So Boro and Ceci will stay up there

I would bet my first born Lehner gets resigned.  Is there someone in the works to replace Lawson?

For defense currently there is Rutkowski (way too green still) and Claesson.  Any good D prospects hopping to the AHL next year?

For forwards I see Puempel, Prince, L. Karlsson, Lazar(maybe), JGP (if he doesn't make NHL), Kramer, Culek.

I for one hope for a ton of re-signings.

#2 23sens23

23sens23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

lazar cannot play in bingo next year

i believe all those forwards will be resigned with the exception of o brien i think they wont qualify him and he will become a UFA

on defense borowiecki will be in the NHL next year and possibly even claesson given the hype aorund him right now. that is no problem as rutkowski will be in the AHL full time next year and i imagine the sens will be trying to get mikael wikstrand over from europe to play in bingo

lawson will be let go as hammond will become the starter and chris dreidger, marcus hogberg or francois brassard will be the back up

Posted Image

#3 KrazyCooter

KrazyCooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

lazar cannot play in bingo next year

i believe all those forwards will be resigned with the exception of o brien i think they wont qualify him and he will become a UFA

on defense borowiecki will be in the NHL next year and possibly even claesson given the hype aorund him right now. that is no problem as rutkowski will be in the AHL full time next year and i imagine the sens will be trying to get mikael wikstrand over from europe to play in bingo

lawson will be let go as hammond will become the starter and chris dreidger, marcus hogberg or francois brassard will be the back up

You think the re-sign Wideman, Sdao, and/or Blood?

#4 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

You think the re-sign Wideman, Sdao, and/or Blood?

Yes, they have spent a long time developing these players to walk away from them now as they have gone through college, although I don`t know if any of them will make the jump.  Wikstrand will be the next one to sign and come over from sweden.  He was drafted a couple of years ago.  He has good offensive potential and size but I am not so sure about physicality and defensive positioning.  Eckford I would say is done.  Da Costa I think they would like to trade and get some value for as there does not seem to be many openings in the middle.  I believe Obrien is done in Ottawa unless he really turns around the second half of his season.  Anyone else would be a free agent but you never know Ottawa is really good at picking up college players and overagers from the CHL.  They could use a veteran or two.  Brassard, and Driedgar are both in the top 5 of the Q and W respectively for goalie stats.  Although I dont see enough playing time for both of them in the AHL or ECHL.  Maybe Driedgar would split the duties in the AHL and Brassard would start in the ECHL.  Lawson I would really not know about, I could see the sens walk away but he is the best goalie we have right now not in the NHL potential to be a solid backup.  Either way its going to be a very young team.  Also if Obrien and Da'Costa are both done then Bingo looks a little week down the middle.  A lot will depend on the big clubs moves if some of these guys get packaged for trade and who will make the team.

For d in no particular order

Classen Wideman

Sdao Rutowski

Wikstrand Blood

New

Forwards a bit murkier and I could not say right now.  I thought Prince played center in junior but maybe im wrong.  Maybe see the Puemel Prince Petersson line as the top line.  Could see Grant or Pageau start in Ottawa but it will depend on there needs.   

Goalies maybe they give the two I mentioned above another season in the CHL and run with the same tandem.  Something will have to give.  

#5 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Jeff Costello is in his last year of College and plays C.  He should make the move to pro next year maybe on the 3rd or 4th line in Bingo.

#6 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Dzingal and McCormick would also be great and ready to play in the AHL for sure but I think they have one more year of college.  They may be convinced by a nice contract to skip the last year and come and play.  Dzingal has been taring it up at center this year in college with 13 goals and 14 assist in 18 gp.

#7 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hey Cooter, you get a good look at these guys.  Which of the forwards would you resign and which would you let walk away?  

#8 KrazyCooter

KrazyCooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

**DISCLAIMER**  I am by no means a judge of anything other than the freshness of Mountain Dew.  Do not eviscerate me for my opinions :)

And on we go.

Re-sign Hoffman, DaCosta, Schneider for top 6.  Cowick, Hamilton, Grant for bottom 6

Let O'Brien "explore his possibilities" elsewhere.  Dzuirzynski is a dump truck and is about useless anymore unfortunately. 

Petersson people seem to like but I have watched him the last 3+ years and he is so hit or miss.  Granted he is doing above par so far his year.  Hasn't had a long-term injury yet. JINX!!!  He doesn't have the size or forechecking ability.....yet.

Please resign Wideman and Sdao.  Boro is slated to be in Ottawa so he doesn't count.  Let Blood go.  He is a healthy scratch to Danny New (ECHL call-up) most nights as it is.  He is big but offers no toughness.  Same goes for Eckford.  Healthy scratch 33% of the time.

I would like to see Lawson back sure or another veteran Goalie, Barry Brust anyone?!?!

#9 Riddick19

Riddick19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I think you'll be shit out of luck on the Freddy Claessen hope. I'm about 90% certain that out of the talks Bryan and Tim have had since the move, one of the spoken understandings is that Claessen is included in the package. It's believed Claessen could play in Buffalo right away. Puempel is also likely part of the deal, and one of the goaltenders and part of what's holding things up is the prospect of having to deal Miller. The Miller issue has taken precedence, but Ottawa has been interested in Moulson for some time, even before Tim took over the Sabres.

I think Schneider, Hoffman, Da Costa, Cowick, & Grant all get qualified. Petersson likely has the most raw skill on the team, but hasn't made the jump for whatever reason. Hamilton will likely be replaced, DZ is useless and has absolutely no hands. I see them bring back Sdao for sure, and I can't see them giving up on Wideman, he has had a great year in his real first full season in Bingo. Wikstrand will likely be the big addition on the backend next season. I can see them trying to bring in a veteran defenseman to help out. I for one think they should give Kinrade a call back. I think he'd be a good compliment to the young guys.

As for the goaltenders Hoburg I believe will also be convinced to come over. He hasn't been used all that well in Sweden this season, and would like to get his development back on track. I know they are quite high on Ludwig Karlsson, I personally haven't seen him at all. But they really went hard after him as a Free agent so they'll be definitely keeping him around for a while longer.

#10 23sens23

23sens23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

i really dont think buffalo is going to be looking for a dman in any trade they make. they have myers and ehrhoff in the line up for many years to come and add in very young soon to be NHL ready players in ristolainen, pysyk, mccabe, mcnabb, zadorov

i do see dreidger, prince, puempel. petersson,  possibly getting traded though

Posted Image

#11 GoSensGOEh

GoSensGOEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hope Conacher wasn't waived for this guy?

http://www.hockeysfu...patrick_mullen/

#12 23sens23

23sens23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hope Conacher wasn't waived for this guy?

http://www.hockeysfu...patrick_mullen/

That guy is a dman

That guy was acquired for a non signed prospect from the sens. It clearly means contracts are moving out tomorrow
Posted Image

#13 GoSensGOEh

GoSensGOEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

News Release: Senators sign forward Garrett Thompson to a one-year entry-level contract

Some think this is an April's Fools joke, pretty elaborate if it is...

#14 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

I just saw that and was going to post something on the Bingo 2014-15 thread.  Not such high production but decent size.  I guess he will play for them next year.  But really bingo has lost 3 regular forwards to Ottawa so he might get some games down there this year with a tryout contract.  Im pretty happy with Cole Schneider and Buddy Robinson who were both brought in the last year or two.  I could see these guys replace Condra and Greening if we are able to make room for them.  But really there are a lot of other higher drafted prospects with more offensive upside in front of them but I think that the extra few years of school and experience maturing makes them suited for those bottom six roles.  

#15 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

The other thing is guys like Dziurzynski, Cowick and Hamilton have been in the minors for 3 years and have almost reached there best before date.  Its good to get some new college blood in the system and all those guys mentioned would probably want a raise.

#16 KrazyCooter

KrazyCooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I was just going to ask for information about the two recent players assigned to Bingo; Garret Thompson and Ryan Dzingel.  Who are these young bucks.  Should I excited?

I really cant see Ottawa giving Dz another contract.  I would however like to see Cowick back.  Hamilton I have no real opinion about.  He has been getting healthy scratched recently until Stone and Pageau got called up.

#17 Ghazel

Ghazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Dzingel is a finalist for the Hobey Baker award so I would be pretty excited.  I guess he chose to walk away from his senior year, they must of offered him a nice contract or signing bonus.  I think he has a lot of potential, decent size, good offensive output and solid all round game.  I don't believe he is overly physical.  In my mind I would compare him to Antoine Vermette, I don't know if he would reach the same heights but I am optimistic.

Thompson is out of no where but was his teams leading scorer and seems to be good size, hard working, solid defensivly and can get the puck out of the corners.  This is a link to an article that was referenced in silver seven about him.http://www.fsutorch....lcome-surprise/

Prince DaCosta/Pagea Robinson

Puempel Grant Hamilton

Schneider Dzingel Cowick

Kramer Hobbs Culek/ Karlsson

Claesson Wideman

Grant Sdao

Wilkstrand Rutkowski

Blood

Hammond

Dreiger

Hogberg/Brassard 

This is a projected line up and obviously a lot will depend on contract signing and resigning.

I assume one of those top line center's will be playing for Ottawa or Traded in the offseason.

The lines are very mixed up also because of a lack of right wingers and I do not know what side the D play on.

I have tried to balance the scoring and forechecking players between the lines but it might be more scoring and checking lines separated.   

#18 Pratt22

Pratt22

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

I watched a few of the OSU games this year. Just recently watched him play against UW and he reminded me of Jonathan Toews with his stride, speed, and hands not to mention a wicked shot. OSU used him in a PK role and from what the announcers say he is a strong 2 way player. Not to say he will equate to that type of player, but this kid was definitely a steal in the draft. As an MSU fan, glad we don't have to face him anymore.

#19 KrazyCooter

KrazyCooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Updated Hopeful roster brought to you by KrazyCooter.

Forwards (assuming Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad stay in Ottawa

Puempel,DaCosta(RFA resign), Lazar/Dzingle

Prince,Pageau, Thompson, Some other guy

Robinson, Dzuirzynski (RFA resign), Some other guy

Kramer, Hamilton (RFA resign), Cowick (RFA resign)

Defense

Wideman (RFA resign), Claesson

Sdao (RFA resign), Bed Blood (RFA resign)

Rutkowski (ugh), some guy

UFAs I would like to see back are A.Grant and Mullen

#20 luckan20

luckan20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts
  • LocationAjax, Ontario

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

I believe Lazar either in NHL or WHL. I have feeling Lazar will get 9 games shot with Ottawa next season. Pageau will be in NHL, if Jason Spezza gets moved. We all know Stone will be in NHL, along with Zibanejaad & Hoffman.

Prince time in AHL is done and can see him getting moved. 

Costa might want to be in NHL and who knows what type of moves coming to parent club. If there are whole lots of changes in parent clum, might change the outlook of B-Sens. 

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Binghamton Senators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users