Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckan20

Ottawa Senators vs. Winnipeg Jets - Game #55

8 posts in this topic

Tomorrow Scotiabank Canadian games.

Sens are short of a forward; might be a player called or typical Bouchers 7/11 might happen.

Dzingel Duchene Ryan 
Tkachuk White Stone 
Smith Pageau Paajarvi 
 Tierney Balcers 

Chabot DeMelo 
Lajoie Ceci 
Borowiecki Jaros 
Harpur

Nilsson starts.

Archibald has been called by the Sens.

However, Boucher is planning to go with 7 Ds and 11 forwards. Not sure which forward comes out.

Jets are a heavy team.

Most likely they will toast us.

After the end of 1st period, Sens are up 2-0

Two super goals from Stone and Dzingle.

Nilsson was sharp so far. 

Good 2nd period for Ottawa. Although the Sens gave the 1st goal in the 2nd period, they didn't fold. 

Stone scores in PP and Ryan get the other. Sens lead 4-1;

Nilsson looking damn good. 

Jets are a powerhouse team in the 3rd period. Hope we don't sit back. 

Jets pushed in the 3rd period, but Sens D was good to take away the good scoring chances.

Sens win 5-2

My 3 stars

1) Stone

2) Nilsson

3) Dzingle

With the way the Sens played today, I find it insulting they are in last place. They definitly look alot better than a last place team especially with Anderson not in net. Ryan looked too slow out there and as usual Ceci was usless but the rest of the team sure looked good out there especially Stone and Duchene, I fully expect those 2 to be extended next week.

i couldnt care less how slow bobby ryan looks out there  he is putting up points, playing physical and staying healthy 

i agree that the sens are a much better team than 31st place. but these last couple games are the closest the Sens have been to a optimal line up as they ever have been so its no surprise they won both 

Also, folks, I don't want to bring this up, but with Pageau returning our PK has been far better; He can kill penalties with Tierney or Smith or even Stone. 

Also, I have to agree that Nilsson has been playing well. Not just the last two game, but even the game against the Leafs we played much better.

I have a strong feeling that Ceci will be moved, but it will only happen once Sens announce the signing of Stone. 

It is essential for Sens to have both Stone and Duchene signed soon and take away the distractions.

I will not mind signing Dzingle if we can keep him for close to $5M cap hit. 

Nilsson made huge stops but if I am the GM, I will not trade him. Sens should find a way to move Andy. Even a 3rd rounder, I will move his $4M salaried contract out of town.

Similarly, one of the bottom 6 guys contract. Preferably Boedker, but he is hurt which means highly likely we will find a buyer. 

Ryan is going nowhere, which leaves us with Smith or Pageau. We all know Sens are not going to move JGP and this leaves us with $3.125M cap hit guy Zack Smith. Personally, I will keep him, Smith, over Boedker, but Dorion will have to move bottom 6 guys contract. 

If Stone and Duchene don't want to be here, then everything will change and I hope not. 

1 person likes this