Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckan20

Ottawa Senators vs. San Jose Sharks - Game#46

7 posts in this topic

It is a Saturday night game for Ottawa against Karlsson and Burns Sharks.

Colin White and Ben Harpur returned to Ottawa and both are nursing upper-body injuries. Also, Boucher called that both will be out for at least 2 weeks. This means that the injuries are severe. Jake Muzin hit was clean, and it was like an 8 wheeler truck slamming a Japanese made car. 

Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns have cooled down which is good news for Ottawa.

We can be certain that Nilsson will start tomorrow, while Martin Jones will be the guy for the Sharks.

Winning back-to-back has made us jump 4 spots from the bottom. 

Let us beat EK & BB and show them we are real without our best D man, top center and top goalie. 

duchene will not make the trip even with white now out

this is the one tough game the sens have in the next 4. so it is pretty much a scheduled loss. but if the sens can steal a point i will be happy. but you know erik karlsson has put a bunch of money on the board after the sharks laid an egg up in ottawa 

i hate that white is hurt but i hope it means paul gets some decent minutes. in fact i would play him with tkachuk and stone 

Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Balcers-Tierney-Boedker
Paajarvi-Paul-Archibald

Lajoie-Ceci
Wolanin-DeMelo
Borowiecki-Jaros

Anders Nilsson gets another start for Ottawa

Good gesture by the Sharks organization in honoring Brent Burns in playing 1000 games. 

Doesn't look good for the Sens. Lets stay out of the penalty box. 

Also, the San Jose coach started Karlsson with Burns for few seconds.

Archibald, Paul, and Paarjavi have been good. 

The solid 1st-period effort by the Sens.  McKenzie on the pre-game show said the Senators' priority is to re-sign their guys but recognizes that the org will likely have to overpay to keep them here. Says in a week or 10 days, Duchene's camp will meet with Dorion.

McKenzie also said that the notion of trading Cody Ceci was well within the realm of possibility. Believes the Senators have had calls and are open to the idea of moving him.

1 person likes this

Ottawa had a spledid effort. Happy even though we lost the game. 

Some terrible plays in our PP by Dzingle. Stone didn't have a good game, but our 4th line guys Balcers, Archibald, Paul and Paarjavi played good hockey. In defense, Ceci, Wolanin, and DeMelo were my picks. Both played quite well in their end. 

My 3 stars

1) Wolanin

2) Ceci

3) DeMelo

in a game almost everyone thought the sens would get crushed. jones made some huge saves or this could of been a different ending

and at the end of the day the sens beat the two teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the sharks

now if they can win 2 of the next 3 that will be a could 2 week stretch