Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckan20

World Junior Hockey Championship

22 posts in this topic

So far 3 games are in the books.

Surprise of the day was Czechs beating the Russians 5.4

Sweden beating Belarus 6-1

Canada manages to beat formidable Finland 4-2; I don't think the 1st of Canada should count. Come on! the post was off before the puck crossed the line. Ottawa's Drake Batherson scores is 1st for Canada.

Ottawa also have a defensive prospect playing for Finland, Markus Nurmi.

Sens also have Alex Formenton (Canada) and Logan Brown (USA).

I want to watch to future number 1 center Brown playing with Yamamoto (possibly a Senator after Thursday December 29th) against Denmark. 

Not sure who will win the tournament ?

I will rank Americans as favorites, followed by Swedes, Finns, Canada and Russians.  

should of posted this in the sens talk luckan. just for the traffic 

nurmi is a forward 

team USA may just have the aems future top line playing for them this tournament 

yamamoto-brown-tkachuk if the sens don't have the top pick I can see them taking the rugged winger 

batherson looked good today. formenton's line struggled today 

Canada is going to be tough to beat if hart remains on his game 

what a dumb game. I can honestly say I am sick of outdoor games. this game should of been moved inside once the snow rolled in 

Canada stopped playing for the last half of the game and Hart stunk in the shootout 

it was a meaningless game once regulation ended as Canada has 1st locked up now but I still hate losing to the USA 

Also, we took stupid penalties which cost us. Formenton was stupid to take a penalty which cost us the game in my opinion. We were leading 2-0. 

I am never a fan of shoot out. 

I hope Sens depleted scouts are watching some of the Czech & Belarus players at the WJC. 

Some of the kids are highly skilled. Pavlik, Zachar & Zadina are amazing.  

Amazing game to watch. Young kids play at high octane. Good afternoon game for me. Home alone with a high scoring game 6-5 for Czechs.

I dont understand why Belarus coach never pulled his goalie.

Now switching to Swedes vs. Swiss

Man! Swedes have more top pick candidates and am impressed with Andersson. Also, Swiss forward Miranda looks good. 

Alex Nylander...is this kid drafted by any team ? If not, Sens should to grab him. All these young kids are awesome but not with Boucher. Our stupid coach will look to bring some blue collar guys and influence Dorion the moron to get them playing at the expense of young kids.

We might not win many games with young kids, but it will be awesome to watch and fans will flock to CTC. 

Sad when I watch young kids with so much skill and they are damn quick too,

Swedes have taken full control over the Swiss in the 3rd period. 6-2 and more 7 minutes left.

Sweden hasn't lost a round robin game in like 10 years or something like that.

Alex nylander is a sabres draft pick. he had to be loaned to Sweden from the ahl

and yes hockey is changing and unfortunately for the senators they have a coach who is stuck in the past and his ways. 

the players dominating junior leagues now are all around 6 feet or under and 175 pounds tops. 10 years ago those players wouldn't even make chl teams 

Lopsided game for Canada.

Formention scored, but it was Canada's 6th goal, while Batherson scored too and Canada's 8th.

Denmark was bad. I watched lot of Canada vs. Denmark because Ottawa game was disgusting.

2 days rest for Canada. 

Batherson scores 2 goals and one was scored off his stick. There are good players in Canadian unit. I liked Kyrous goal off Batherson stick. 

After 2nd 6-1 Canada leading. We beat the Swiss then we will be playing Czech's in the semi finals on Thirsday 

Geez! I only saw the shoot out of Czech vs. Finns. 

Tomorrow Russia vs. USA

Canada beat the czechs 9-0 in pre tournament play but that was when the czechs had just arrived in North America. 

the czechs are playing the way Switzerland usually does in these tournaments. hang around keep the game close and upset a team or two 

Canada cannot take them lightly 

Drake Batherson with 3 goals already against Czechs. 

The 3rd goal was a beauty.

I like Formention game. He is quick, in your face type and will become one of our better bottom 6 guys. His speed is great to watch.

Canada has scored 3 PP goals in 3 tries, geez! Ottawa should look at the tape.

Canada leads 6-1 in the 2nd period.

what is truly amazing is the Canadians best offensive player gets under 5 minutes of ice time a game 

he is getting a bunch more ice this game because of the score. 

Drake Batherson wins Player of the tournament and player of the game. Way to go. 

Hope we fire Boucher and have an offensive minded coach. We have so much talents like White, Chlapik, Batherson, Gagne and Formention.

Canada goes to finals against Sweden. 

Thank you Canada.

No big stars but a great a team effort. 

Player of the game for Canada Hart.........he was awesome. Have anyone drafted this young goalie.

Canada wins 3-1 and the Gold.

he is a flyers draft pick. 

glad to see steenbergen stick it to the coaches as score the game winning goal. 

it was a joke it was the 13th forward while guys like katchook and gadjovich were getting a regular shift instead of steenbergen

did you guys see the Swedish captain throw his medal into the crowd 

Why did he do that ? I liked Andersson game through out this series. In my mind he was the best forward in Swedes team, but many might call the Vancouver draft pick Petersson. In my opinion, Petersson needs to put on weight and probably he will, but Andersson was all around top to me.

ON to Hart, he was a solid. I know you have said it in the past some times junior top goalie may not become a star in NHL. 

Honestly speaking Dahlin has not impressed me. He might be a generational player as media advertise but I don't see any excitement. I liked Canadian Timmins and Makar. Both of these guys are already drafted ?

both Timmons and makar are drafted by the avalanche. 

I do not read anything into world junior performances. for every guy who has a great tournament and turns into a dominant nhl player there are twice as many who have amazing world juniors and never pan out in the Nhl

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 7:10 PM, luckan20 said:

Why did he do that ? I liked Andersson game through out this series. In my mind he was the best forward in Swedes team, but many might call the Vancouver draft pick Petersson. In my opinion, Petersson needs to put on weight and probably he will, but Andersson was all around top to me.

ON to Hart, he was a solid. I know you have said it in the past some times junior top goalie may not become a star in NHL. 

Honestly speaking Dahlin has not impressed me. He might be a generational player as media advertise but I don't see any excitement. I liked Canadian Timmins and Makar. Both of these guys are already drafted ?

Luckan.... You have to remember that Dahlin is still only 17 years old. He still has eligibility for 2 more years, and the fact he averaged about a point per game competing against players 2 years older and who happen to be the best from those countries has to be taken into consideration. Even Sidney Crosby struggled as a 17 year old at this tournament. The kid is going to be one of the top defenseman in the NHL, think Victor Hedman with a little more creativity and flash. That is what you're getting with Dahlin.

3 hours ago, Riddick19 said:

Luckan.... You have to remember that Dahlin is still only 17 years old. He still has eligibility for 2 more years, and the fact he averaged about a point per game competing against players 2 years older and who happen to be the best from those countries has to be taken into consideration. Even Sidney Crosby struggled as a 17 year old at this tournament. The kid is going to be one of the top defenseman in the NHL, think Victor Hedman with a little more creativity and flash. That is what you're getting with Dahlin.

Riddick, crosby struggled as a 16 year old he had 5 points in 6 games. as a 17 year old he had 9 points in 6 games 

not trying to discount dahlin as he is a legit talent. and is still number 1 overall by a landslide. but I don't think the sens will get a chance to draft him barring winning the lottery they are not going to finish 31st. more than likely 27th-25th so they will need a big jump. but it happened last year that a team came from way back for first