Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riddick19

2017 Draft Picks and Drafting Perogative???

54 posts in this topic

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎25 at 9:20 AM, luckan20 said:

Boonie, I hope Batherson can transfer his skills into AHL and NHL ? 

We will have to wait and see. Riddick, you missed White since he has not played a single NHL game for the season. 

Riddick, I will like Boucher giving some chance to Nick Paul. He is an ideal 4th liner and may be 3rd liner in few years. He is a physical guy and was considered a high prospect. 

I was truly impressed with Englund and Lajoie. We all know Harpur and Jaros can easily fit into Sens roster.

The best for Ottawa is to trade Ceci and save some dollars. It would be the best situation and will surely open up for Chabot & Harpur. Personally, I will like to retain Wideman because he will not cost us much but he is a good 2nd line puck mover for PP.

IMO, Karlsson and Chabot should be part of the top line PP unit, while Wideman with 4 forwards in the 2nd unit. 

LUCKAN....I didn't forget him as I don't consider White a prospect as I see him good enough to be on the NHL roster. If you'll notice I didn't include Chabot either and I have said numerous times I believe in 3 years time he will be good enough to be a #1 defenseman on the majority of NHL teams. I don't believe he'll be as good as Karlsson but we're likely not to see another Erik Karlsson for many years. I didn't forget White or Chabot I just didn't include them with potential prospects because I have them as already good enough to be playing for us. White needs time in the AHL after pretty much all of the pre-season. It was a smart move as well because with so many young guys in B-Ville (Perron, Chlapik, Rodewald, Paul, Harpur, Englund, Jaros, Chabot, etc...) You need to make sure you're not cutting your young guys short. Rodewald is a good example and this is where Bryan Murray erred far too often being an old school guy. Too many times good players in the minors got forgotten or never given an adequate chance because other prospects were force fed their chance as opposed to it being earned. Dorion and co. have done a very impressive job with our prospects over the past 2-3 years.

Logan Brown was an absolute monster last night 2G 2A and was a force physically. As I predicted before the season started Logan Brown is due for a monster season now that he's healthy mentally and physically. 

1 person likes this

Both Formenton and Batherson were invited to Team Canada's World Junior selection camp. There were 18 forwards picked so they have a pretty good chance. Hopefully Batherson is healthy soon enough and keeps playing like he was before the slash to his finger. 

Brown is very likely to make Team USA, and Markus Nurmi, a former 6th round pick, has a chance to make Finland. 

McKenzie has both formenton and batherson making the team. I tjink formenton is a lock to be an energy guy 

if batherson is healthy I think he makes it in a similar way Corey Perry or mark stone did. as the 13th forward who ends up being huge for the team in the tournament 

Bowers who is having a good season in the ncaa wasn't even invited.